At the end of April, Workwell Partners formed a team for the 7th Annual Big Apple Run For The Warriors which benefits Hope For The Warriors foundation. This past Sunday, two of our team members hit the pavement in the Financial District and ran 3 miles for this great cause.
Founded aboard Marine Corps Base Camp Lejeune in 2006, this national nonprofit organization’s mission is to restore self, family, and hope to service members, their families, and families of the fallen through many different programs. The main focus of the different programs is about transition services, clinical health and wellness, as well as sports and recreation. This year marks their tenth anniversary of serving those who served.
Over the past month and half, our team raised $795 for Hope for the Warriors. To give a breakdown of where our donation goes, here are some stats:
- $10 provides a meal to a service member at a hunting or fishing trip
- $25 covers meals for a spouse visiting a wounded service member in the hospital
- $100 provides childcare for a service member attending standing doctor appointments
- $500 covers books/supplies for a scholarship recipient
- $1,000 travel/lodging to a brain treatment facility
- $5,500 provides a new handcycle for a wounded service ember to help in his or her recovery process
To put it in perspective, our $795 could cover books/supplies for a scholarship recipient ($500), provides childcare for two service members attending standing doctor appointments ($200), meals for three spouses visiting a wounded service member in the hospital ($75), and provides a meal to two service member at a hunting or fishing trip ($20). Our fundraising total may seem like a small amount but with this organization, a little goes a long way.
We are very proud of our team for supporting this cause and cannot wait to raise ten times that amount for them in future – think of how much of an impact that could make.
Check out more information at hopeforthewarriors.org.